Start a new topic

Unable to get tasks

I've been trying to subtitle TEDtalks videos, and it seems I'll always be stuck with subtitling TEDx videos or videos of any other TED category because I never find tasks available. I always thought it was because somebody had already taken the task. However, yesterdayI found a video with no Spanish subtitles in progress, nor any other aside from English, and there were no available tasks for me.
I already asked a team leader if there were restrictions to contributors regarding TEDtalks videos, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Can anyone tell me if there are restrictions regarding TEDtalks per se and not for the other TED categories?

If so, what are they?

1 person has this problem
1 Comment

Lara,

No, there shouldn't be any special restrictions on TEDTalks translations. The only problem with those, apparently, is that the number of TEDTalks is relatively small compared to TEDx, TEDTalks are very visible, being filtered out in videos and tasks lists by default, and tasks for the most popular languages, such as Spanish, tend to get picked by translators very, very quickly.

The full list of incomplete translation tasks for TEDTalks and Spanish language is available at http://amara.org/en/teams/ted/tasks/?lang=es&assignee=anyone&type=Translate. As you can see at this link, all the tasks are already assigned to translators.

Best,

Margarita Shamraeva

Amara.org

Login or Signup to post a comment